Welcome, New Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Columbia!
As a new student, you need to fulfill several requirements from Campus Operations prior to your arrival.
This website is a guide to planning the actions you must take to complete your requirements by the given deadlines in order to avoid potential penalties and registration delays. We look forward to seeing you this fall.
Important Things to Do
- First, activate your Columbia UNI (your computing account) and then check your University email account.
To help you with the following activities, we recommend logging in to the interactive New Student Checklist.
- Upload a photo for your University ID card.
- Review your Student Account Statement online. Your first E-Bill statement will be available through Student Services Online (SSOL) on August 8 if you have completed your fall course registration. You will receive an alert at your Columbia email address indicating that it is available. Ensure that your fall payment is received by Friday, September 12 to avoid a late payment charge.
- Complete the measles, mumps, and rubella immunization documentation and submit it to Columbia Health by mail or fax at least 30 days before registering for classes.
- Record your meningococcal meningitis vaccination decision online before registering for classes.
- Choose one of three insurance options: confirm your enrollment in the Basic level of the Columbia Student Medical Insurance Plan, upgrade your selection to the Comprehensive level or request a waiver. Do so online before September 30.
- International Students: Begin the visa process through the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO).
30 Days Before Registration
Submit proof of MMR immunity at least 30 days before class registration.
Certify your meningitis vaccination decision online before class registration.
2 Weeks Before Your School Orientation
Submit a photo online for your University ID card. You will be able to pick up your card when you arrive on campus.